COVID 19 Information.
We are delighted to announce that we will be opening this Saturday 4th July from 11.30am and remain open all day. Please rest assured that we have thoroughly followed the government’s advice, drawn up risk assessments and put procedures in place to ensure the safety of our guests, staff and visitors on the premises. Below is a brief summary of what the new ‘nomal’ will be.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- We will be limiting the number of customers on the premises at all times.
- Additional cleaning procedures have been introduced.
- Anti-bacterial hand sanitiser will be available on entry and throughout The Devonshire Arms.
- We encourage contactless card payments where possible.
- Card machines will be sanitised after each usage.
- We ask that customers adhere to social distancing measures.
- If, prior to arrival, you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell, we ask that you contact us so that we can reschedule your meal or stay with us.
- It is important to note, that for the safety of other guests and our team, any guest displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be politely asked to leave and seek medical attention.
- Staff have been trained on a new style of service to ensure minimal contact
- Highest levels of personal hygiene will be followed and they will have personal sanitisers attached to their aprons as well as washing their hands regularly.
- On arrival to work they will be temperature checked and be required to sign a form confirming they are symptom free.
THE BAR & RESTAURANT
- Diners will be greeted and shown straight to their tables on arrival.
- We kindly ask diners to observe their reservation time so that we can ensure staggered arrivals and ensure that there is enough time to clean tables and chairs between sittings.
- It is a government regulation that all diners and drinkers provide contact details for track and trace purposes.
- There will be no drinking at the bar and signage will be in place to ensure a safe social distance is maintained.
- Tables and chairs have been removed and spaced out to limit the number of diners and drinkers inside.
- Tables will be served by the same staff member where possible and sanitised after each use.
- Cutlery and glassware will be laid out once guests are seated and menus will be single use.
- We will sanitise our salt and pepper mills, however, individual salt and pepper sachets will be available, if preferred
- Doors will remain open to ensure extra ventilation so we advise you to bring warm clothing or a blanket on chillier days.
- Only one person at a time in the WC’s, which will be checked and cleaned frequently.
- We welcome children, but we ask that they are fully supervised at all time everywhere on the premises.
- We kindly ask guests not to move any tables in the restaurant, courtyard or garden.
- We have taken extra care in preparing our guest rooms. Every room will be cleaned with a ULV Bio Mister using a Steri–7 antiseptic solution which disinfects all surfaces and kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses. This remains active on all surfaces for 72 hours, protecting you throughout your stay.
- Linens and towels are professionally laundered to high temperatures
- Servicing rooms will be on request only, where requested we kindly ask guests to vacate the room and open the windows to allow ventilation.
- As there will be no buffet, we kindly request guests to fill in a form for breakfast the night before to avoid any delays to service in the morning.
Please let us know if you have any concerns. This is a new situation for all of us and we would appreciate any feedback in order to make sure your experience at The Devonshire is relaxed and enjoyable.